a DRIVEN life Story of DAVID PINGREE

David is most infamously known for his Supercross career and present day influence in the industry. David lives an extreme DRIVEN life from the core! With the driving force being his family, he continues to excel as a journalist, firefighter, and business man. What got David where he is today? Read on to learn the how and why behind David Pingree, a one-of-a-kind, stand up guy with wisdom to share.

What does living a DRIVEN life mean to you?

Simply put, a DRIVEN life means working your ass off for the things you want and the things you enjoy. I have several jobs, all of which I love, and I had to bust my ass [literally, sometimes] to get where I am now. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started because it can seem like it's so far off. Some good advice I got when I began my fire service career is that chasing a goal is a lot like steering a bicycle; it's much easier once you pick up some speed. If you're standing still you'll likely fall over, but if you start pedaling you'll have a much easier time steering where you want to go. Start pedaling!

What are your top 3 accomplishments in life thus far?

It would be really easy to list my professional motocross racing accomplishments, firefighter/paramedic career or my work as a journalist here. But the three things I'm most proud of are my faith in Jesus Christ, my marriage and my family. Being a good husband and father far outweigh anything I have or will accomplish professionally.


What drives you to be who you are and do what you do today?

The two biggest motivating factors for me are enjoying life in the moment and leaving a legacy behind once I'm gone. Sometimes I think we all focus on the future so much that we forget to stop and really appreciate how good we have it right now. Simple things like health, a home, food and a job; we take that stuff for granted. And the other side of that is I think about what my daughters, and their kids, will remember about me when I'm gone. That motivates me to try to be a better person every day. You can talk to/at your kids all day long, but what they'll remember are your actions. I screw up just like everybody else, but my girls always push me to be better.

Do you have a quote or life motto that guides you?

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally work out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson

Who has been or is the most inspirational person to you?

I draw inspiration from anybody who challenges me to be better. My wife Amber, My mom and dad, my sister, Greg Albertyn, Jason Poyner, Britt Sipe, Ryan Dungey...there are a lot of people.

What is the best advice you've ever received?

My dad used to have a company slogan on his desk when I was a kid. It said, "The difficult we do immediately...the impossible takes a little longer." I didn't understand what that meant as a kid, but it was a mantra that my dad lived his whole life. He taught me how to apply this in my racing career and it's carried well into my adult life.

What're your top 3 goals over the next 10 years?

Ten years from now I want to be a Captain with San Bernardino County Fire, have my house paid off and sell a company that I've been involved with for the past few years, Paleo Ranch Foods.



What advice do you have to guide the next generation of you?

Spend time with your grandparents because they lived through a better time where integrity and moral values meant something. Don't expect anything for free; you aren't entitled to anything except life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness...Actually, being happy is up to you. Work hard and, if you don't succeed, work even harder. Read the bible..or hear it in a podcast or whatever the hell kids do these days. Figure out what it is you want to achieve in life and do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to make it happen.

Thank you David for sharing your aDRIVENlife Story. We love the pedaling analogy...so applicable to everything life has to offer. Your priorities are in line, your morals and values solid. You are a great example of the fact that good things come to good people.

Brittany & Dusty

Please visit PALEO RANCH to explore the deliciously nutritious foods! Try the skinny bars...they're our favorite on-the-go grab!


Comments

POPULAR POSTS