a DRIVEN life story of ELISHA VILLANUEVA

We first met Elisha over five years ago; her smile and positive attitude literally lit up the gym. After losing eighty pounds and changing her lifestyle for her and her family, her rays of sunshine began to touch others. Her and a friend started Flex It Pink to inspire other women to make their change and encourage them to be the best version of themselves. They have since created runs around the world, a women's support network, a brand that women are proud to identify with, built a well in Uganda, and given women the confidence needed to take control and move. By sharing not only her story, but her heart and energy, she has changed lives. Read on to see what motivates Elisha to live aDRIVENlife...daily.

What does a DRIVEN life mean to you?

Waking up every morning thankful and grateful to be alive. So I try my best to make the most of each day given to me here on Earth.

What are your top 3 accomplishments in life thus far?

Losing 80lbs and keeping it off for 7 years is pretty dang hard and I  consider it a big accomplishment.

Walking the beach in the Bahamas in my bikini. This may not be an accomplishment for an everyday person. But for me, it's something I never thought I would every have the confidence to do EVER! I was overweight and insecure most of my life, so conquering this with confidence was huge.

Starting my company @FlexitPink. It has helped women all over the world conquer some of their biggest accomplishments in life and on top of that we just added a well in Uganda installed giving 1500 village members water.

What drives you to be who you are and do what you do today?


I grew up as an overweight insecure little girl and into an insecure adult woman because of my weight. I lived a very unhealthy sedentary lifestyle. I knew after having children of my own that I could not lead my kids down that same path. I knew that if I wanted my children to live healthy, confident, successful lives that I would have to show them. This is something that could only be taught by living the life. I had to change my lifestyle so that my kids would live that strong, confident, healthy life I wanted them to. Making that choice to change helped me lose 80lbs and my kids are thriving and have more drive that I ever imagined. It's safe to say my children drive me.

Do you have a quote or life motto that guides you?

I will be strong and courageous. I will not be terrified or discouraged for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go. Joshua 1:9

Who has been or is the most inspirational to you?

My mom and my sister. They are the strongest most faithful women in my life.


What's the best advice you've ever received?

If it won't matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes stressing over it.

Our life is a sum of our choices. Choose wisely.

What're your top 3 goals over the next 10 years?

I am an adventure enthusiast and I want to conquer Half Dome. I hiked Angels Landing in Zion a few months ago, I was scared out of my mind and the guys we were hiking with said that Half Dome had nothing on Angles Landing. So it's now on my list, I'll be doing that here shortly.
Business goals, I of course want to continue to grow Flex It Pink community and brand so that we can change lives and make the most positive impact on this Earth as we can.
Family goals, I hope a pray everyday that I'm making the best choices for my family so that they can grow into successful, healthy adults who will make positive impact in the world just the way I lead them to. 

What advice do you have the guide the next generation of you?

Have the courage to live a life true to yourself, not the life others expect of you.


Thank you Elisha for sharing your aDRIVENlife Story with us. You are an inspiration and motivation...keep moving/climbing mountains and sharing your positive light with those who should be so fortunate to cross your DRIVEN path.

Please visit @FlexItPink to watch Elisha change the world through pink colored glasses.

Brittany & Dusty

Comments

POPULAR POSTS